Thursday, February 26, 2009

Only 28 More Days!!!

So I am getting REALLY excited for my trip to New York City & Philadelphia!! By next week I will probably start losing sleep because I am so excited! Since I am so excited I am posting a blog about my trip plans so far!

See the brown-ish building right in the middle of this picture?? That is the Crowne Plaza Times Square! That is where we are staying!! And see all the people & stuff below it...that's Times Square!! THE TIMES SQUARE!!


Look at this picture. Yes, that is Al Roker! Well Matt & I are going to be one of those crazy people who are in the crowd! Watch the Today Show on Friday, March 27th & look for us!!


Picture numero tres! This is Madison Square Garden! Home of the New York Knicks! Matt & I will be there Friday night to watch the Knicks game!!

Saturday night we are going to the Winter Garden Theatre (see below!) to see Mamma Mia! This theatre was also the home of the longest running show on broadway, Cats!

This is what it looks like on the inside!! Beautiful!!


And the last picture. Ground Zero. This is where we are going on Sunday. I know that there isn't really much to see here but I'm a history person & this is, I think, the biggest thing to happen to the country in my life time (or at least what I remember). This is like the JFK assassination for my generation. I can't wait to be there.

1 comment:

Janell said...

WOW, Shelby! I will certainly enjoy seeing NYC through your eyes. You have a fantastic trip planned. I love staying in my little corner of Nebraska and I don't travel very well myself, so I depend on my friends to go out and see the rest of the world and send me pictures.

I will try and remember to watch for you & Matt on the 27th! See if you can get Al Roker to say, "Hy Vee" instead of "Hi." That's what I do with all the toddlers who come through my checkout line and say "Hi." I've gotten a couple of them to add the "Vee" to their "Hi." Tell Al it's really cute and it makes me swoon when they get it right, no matter how old they are.